Sunday 10 April 2022

Plant a seed of Peace for Ukraine

 We shall overcome : 


Madeleina Kay


I haven't written a song for a long time... But, those of you who know me well enough, will know that when I feel passionately about an injustice, my emotions pour out into song lyrics... And to say that I felt strongly about Russia's completely unjustified and barbaric attack on Ukraine is an understatement. Knowing people who have been personally affected by Putin's heinous acts is one of the reasons why I truly value Peace in Europe. And the value of Peace, is precisely why we should all care about what is happening to innocent victims in Ukraine. I said this over and over again, whilst I was campaigning against Brexit and the fracturing of Europe: Nothing is more valuable than Peace.

I haven't been able to make a recording of this song yet, but I wanted to share the lyrics with you (typed below for those who can't read my handwriting!):
'A dove, shot out of the sky,
But no-one will admit to his crime,
A fall so far from grace,
The burden of loss, carried by the displaced.
CHORUS:
Plant a seed into the Earth,
Remember what a life is worth,
The waste of the damage done,
By a man's ego and a loaded gun.
Watch it rise into the Sun,
Love it like a father, a brother, a son,
Lost to such a cruel act of hate,
They live on in memories we create.
Toxic minds falsify their proof,
To disrupt communication of the truth,
Justice has been paralysed,
By the folly of subservient minds.
CHORUS
Storm clouds gather over hostile ground,
Where no sanctuary is now to be found,
But wise old women know, that
One day, in this sodden Earth, sunflowers will grow.
Who dares rise up?
Who dares speak out?
Who will pay the price?
Who has no doubt?
Who values above,
The life of the fallen dove,
The truth, freedom, love and Peace.
The truth, freedom, love and Peace.
CHORUS
Mothers will cut the stem, and
Lay down sunflowers, to remember them.
To remember them.'





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you love her enough

  0 If You Love Her Enough   My friend John always has something to tell me. He knows so much that young men have to have older and more w...