Sunday 22 December 2019

Be Kind -- is there a Santa Claus ?


At Christmas Time 
Found a Christmas card from you this morning Out of the blue, you gave me no warning I thought of the past, of kisses that last With a bird on the front and a tree on the back And a message inside, oh my heart you attacked With your kind words and your wishes 
And the bells began to ring and chime As I sang our song for Christmas time 
At Christmas time At Christmas time All the bells are ringing At Christmas time 
Well I thought of the day we went in to town We hustled and bustled our way through the crowd ’til we saw him, we believed in him Then we sat in a bar ’til the crowds disappeared We talked for so long, the streets had all cleared As we walked home, through the snowfall 
And the bells began to ring and chime As we sang our song for Christmas time 
At Christmas time At Christmas time All the bells are ringing At Christmas time 

So I hung up your card in a prominent place A little reminder, I picture your face Your beautiful smile, it’s been such a while But I know in my heart that wherever you are There’s a light shining from you, a magical star Guiding me home, I’m never alone 
And the bells begin to ring and chime As I sing our song for Christmas time 
At Christmas time x 4
All the bells are ringing, (at Christmas time) And everybody’s singing, (at Christmas time) All the bells are ringing, (at Christmas time) And everybody’s singing, (at Christmas time) Can you hear him? I think he’s on the roof.. 

Music & Lyrics by Celine Carroll © 2019 



Be Kind. – is there a Santa Claus ?
Son: "Dad, I think I'm old enough now. Is there a Santa Claus?."
Dad: "Ok, I agree that your old enough. But before I tell you, I have a question for you. You 
see, the truth is a dangerous gift. Once you know something, you can't unknow it. Once you know the truth about Santa Claus, you will never again understand and relate to him as you do now. So my question is: Are you sure you want to know?"
Brief pause: Son: "Yes, I want to know"
Dad: "Ok, I'll tell you: Yes there is a Santa Claus" Son: "Really?" Dad: Yes, really, but he's not an old man with a beard in a red suit. That's just what we tell kids. You see, kids are too young to understand the true nature of Santa Claus, so we explain it to them in a way that they can understand. The truth about Santa Claus is that he's not a person at all; he's an idea. Think of all those presents Santa gave you over the years. I actually bought those myself. I watched you open them. And did it bother me that you didn't thank me? Of course not! In fact it gave me great pleasure. You see, Santa Claus is THE IDEA OF GIVING FOR THE SAKE OF GIVING, without thought of thanks or acknowledgement.
When I saw that Women collapse on the subway last week and called for help, I knew that she'd never know that it was me that summoned the ambulance. I was being Santa Claus when I did that."
Son: "Oh."
Dad: "So now that you know, you're part of it. You have to be Santa Claus too now. That means you can never tell a young kid the secret, and you have to help us select Santa presents for them, and most important, you have to look for opportunities to help people. Got it?"
Help each other this Christmas🎅 and...be kind 











No comments:

Post a Comment

300 "Nutrition for the Soul"0

So, how are you living your "Dash" ?                                                                                              ...