Saturday 30 October 2021

Random Act of Kindness

 


The Music Professor:

"I had a breakdown in the middle of one of my college classes. I had been depressed for several weeks and feeling like I wasn’t good enough to be in my major. Really I just felt worthless.

I was doing a kind of a performance-based test in front of the whole class, and I was doing terribly. I was really angry at myself for not being better. My professor said to me, 'Do you want to try it again at the end of class?' I nodded and went back to my seat and immediately started crying uncontrollably. Ended up excusing myself to the bathroom so I wouldn’t cry in front of the class.

I performed again at the end of the class, and my professor was really patient with me and gave me feedback. The thing that really got me was before he dismissed the class, he wrote down in the binder I had in front of me, 'You are a strong, smart musician, and you have a bright future ahead of you. I believe in you, and I’m here for you.' I cried even harder after that but in a good way. I had never felt a teacher care for me that much, and that genuinely turned around my entire year and made my sense of self-worth improve so much."

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

300 "Nutrition for the Soul"0

So, how are you living your "Dash" ?                                                                                              ...