Saturday 21 October 2023

"Peace in the only battle worth fighting for" - "Masters of War" bob dylan.

Peace in the only battle worth fighting for .... Albert Camus 



Believe in the power of words as a means to shed light on injustice and raise our collective voice for peace.  Condemn the disproportionate use of force and the loss of civilian lives. Every life lost is a tragedy, and it is our duty to speak out against such senseless violence.

We stand in solidarity with the ordinary people of the Ukraine and Gaza, who are enduring unimaginable suffering due to the ongoing war in both parts of the world. We cannot turn a blind eye to the violence and destruction that has plagued innocent men women and children causing immense pain and loss of innocent lives.

 Families are torn apart, homes reduced to rubble, hospitals targeted, children killed, and dreams shattered. The continuous bombardment has created a humanitarian crisis, leaving people in desperate need of support and relief.

Let us remember that peace is not achieved through more destruction. It is achieved through dialogue, understanding, and the recognition of the inherent value of every human life. We call upon all parties involved to prioritize diplomacy and seek a just and lasting peace for the people of both countries.

Please in raising awareness, sharing stories of hope, and advocating for a peaceful resolution to the ongoing wars.


"War is a place where young people who don't know each other and don't hate each other kill each other, based on decisions made by old people who know and hate each other, but don't kill each other... " - Paul Valéry


Masters of War    Bob Dylan
Come you masters of warYou that build the big gunsYou that build the death planesYou that build all the bombsYou that hide behind wallsYou that hide behind desksI just want you to knowI can see through your masks
You that never done nothin'But build to destroyYou play with my worldLike it's your little toyYou put a gun in my handAnd you hide from my eyesAnd you turn and run fartherWhen the fast bullets fly
Like Judas of oldYou lie and deceiveA world war can be wonYou want me to believeBut I see through your eyesAnd I see through your brainLike I see through the waterThat runs down my drain
You fasten all the triggersFor the others to fireThen you sit back and watchWhen the death count gets higherYou hide in your mansionWhile the young people's bloodFlows out of their bodiesAnd is buried in the mud
You've thrown the worst fearThat can ever be hurledFear to bring childrenInto the worldFor threatening my babyUnborn and unnamedYou ain't worth the bloodThat runs in your veins
How much do I knowTo talk out of turnYou might say that I'm youngYou might say I'm unlearnedBut there's one thing I knowThough I'm younger than youThat even Jesus would neverForgive what you do
Let me ask you one questionIs your money that good?Will it buy you forgivenessDo you think that it could?I think you will findWhen your death takes its tollAll the money you madeWill never buy back your soul
And I hope that you dieAnd your death will come soonI'll follow your casketBy the pale afternoonAnd I'll watch while you're loweredDown to your deathbedAnd I'll stand over your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2mabTnMHe8&ab_channel=NathanLee


Two peoples, one land,

Three faiths, one root,

One earth, one mother,

One sky, one beginning, one future, one destiny,

One broken heart,

One God.

We pray to You:

Grant us a vision of unity.

May we see the many in the one and the one in the many.

May you, Life of All the Worlds,

Source of All Amazing Differences

Help us to see clearly.

Guide us gently and firmly toward each other,

Toward peace. Amen.

Rabbi Sheila Weinberg






 













































No comments:

Post a Comment

If you love her enough

  0 If You Love Her Enough   My friend John always has something to tell me. He knows so much that young men have to have older and more w...