Saturday 28 September 2024

Appreciate your Parents

.0



Birthday Conversation

Wake up, my love, today is your birthday.

No, my old man, I don't want to get up today.

Why not,  Today is a very special day, it's your birthday...

No,  it will be like the last few years, eating dinner alone, staying up a little longer than usual, hoping that our children will arrive. Falling asleep crying in each other's arms, seeing that dawn broke and they didn't arrive once again.

Don't cry, my darling. There were always two of us, you and me. Our children were a gift from God, but they are grown. We have to let them fly. We already gave them all the love we could, we can't do more.

I know, my old man, but it doesn't stop hurting, this hole they leave in our soul, this pain of loneliness, another little broken piece, every year one more.

Don't cry anymore, my old lady. Think about it: when you were children, all happy together, opening the gifts and cutting the cake. We gave them what we could, it was not up to us. We gave them all our love. Now they are grown up, they are doing well in life. We must be happy for them, even though with their wealth, they have taken us out of their hearts and lives.

 Our rich children, one more birthday without them. They forgot what love really is.

Get up, my darling. Today is the day to thank God for the beautiful years we lived with our

children. We should not be sad or cry for what we cannot change. Get up, my old lady. Today is a day to celebrate.

...Yes, my old man, I'm going to get up, because I don't want you alone.

"Not even having all the money in the world could you match the love of a father or mother. Enjoy them today while they are here, because the day they are gone, you will have the worst regrets."

Reflection: In short, the text reminds us that we should value and enjoy our parents while we have them, since their love is irreplaceable, and their absence will leave an irreplaceable void.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Wise advice from a Farmer's Wife"

  𝗪𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗔𝗱𝘃𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗮 𝗙𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗿 ' 𝘀 𝗪𝗶𝗳𝗲 : •Whenever you return a borrowed pie pan, make sure it's got ...